Blanchardville’s 125th Anniversary
Pie Baking Contest
Sunday, August 9, 2015
McKeller Park Upper Park Shelter
Please bring one copy of this form to the contest with each pie entered. (form may be copied)
- Each pie entered MUST be accompanied by the Entry Registration form (see below). One pie entry may be entered in each of the three categories.
- Two pies must be included in each entry. One pie will be used for tasting/judging and remaining slices will be sold. The second pie will be sold with profits going to the Anniversary funds.
- Pies must be received at the Upper Park Shelter between 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. on Sunday, August 9, 2015. No late entries accepted after 11 a.m.
- Pies must be baked in 8”-10” disposable pie pans. No pie pans will be returned.
- All pies must be homemade and baked at home from scratch. No pre-mixes, canned fillings, commercial mixes, commercial puddings, etc. Pre-made crusts are acceptable. Amateur bakers only, no professionals.
- CATEGORIES: 1. Apple 2. All other fruits 3 Any other fillings. NO PIES THAT REQUIRE REFRIGERATION!
- Judging results will be announced at 12 noon prior to the Community Potluck in the Upper Park Shelter. Pie sale will follow. Cash preferred, but checks accepted.
- Pies will be judged on the following criteria: Appearance (25%), Taste (50%), and Overall Impression (25%).All category points will be added and averaged to determine the winners, with the highest average entry declared the winner. In case of a tie, the pie with the highest taste average will be the winner.
Winners need not be present to win.