A revaluation of property within the Village of Blanchardville is scheduled to be completed for the 2018 assessment year. The project will begin in September of 2017 and will be completed in the fall of 2018.
An assessor or the assessor’s staff is able to enter the land or construction site, other than a building, agricultural land or pasture, or a livestock confinement area, of another if all of the following apply:
- The assessor or the assessor’s staff enters the land in order to make an assessment on behalf of the state or a political subdivision.
- The assessor or assessor’s staff enters the land on a weekday during daylight hours, or at another time as agreed upon with the land owner.
- The assessor or assessor’s staff spends no more than one hour on the land.
- The assessor or assessor’s staff does not open doors, enter through open doors, or look into windows of structures on the land.
- The assessor or the assessor’s staff leaves in a prominent place on the principal building on the land, or on the land if there is not a principal building, a notice informing the owner or occupant that the assessor or the assessor’s staff entered the land and giving information on how to contact the assessor.